The purpose of this assignment is to strengthen the analytical capacity of DG EAC's country desk officers and this way reinforce DG EAC's country-specific expertise. This is done through a network of national experts covering all 27 European Union Member States, and all levels and sectors of education in each. The network is intended to provide independent expertise in the following areas:
• review of on-going policy reforms;
• implementation of the objectives of the European Education Area;
• implementation of country-specific recommendations under the European Semester;
• identification of new and upcoming education policy orientations in Member States;
• assessment of possible areas of investment in education, assessment of the use of the Cohesion Policy funds as well as assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of the implementation of investments and reforms under the Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF);
• information on evaluation of education reforms, measures and investments in the Member States as well as the approaches to evaluation of education policies.
This involves preparing country briefings, assessing reforms and country progress, contributing to comparative studies, preparing and delivering presentations, attending meetings and providing other kinds of ad hoc support/expertise to DG EAC, all in the area of education.