We are looking for a Senior Researcher to lead the quantitative data projects in our Innovation Research team.
PPMI is a leading European research and policy analysis centre. We help public sector and civil society leaders from around the world presenting evidence in a way that is simple, clear and ready to use. We provide actionable insights, develop shared understanding among stakeholders, and enable policy implementation to bring about positive and lasting change.
Please find more information about the ongoing projects below:
- A study on the uptake of Industry 5.0, where our team is developing indicators for monitoring the three pillars of Industry 5.0, i.e. human-centricity, sustainability and resilience.
- Evaluation study on Excellent Science in the European Framework Programmes for Research and Innovation, where our team specifically focuses on evaluating the efficiency of the H2020 and Horizon Europe funding programmes.
GROW WITH US
You should expect a fast-paced and dynamic environment where the ability to work in teams and individually go hand-in-hand. In return, we offer:
- Base salary of 2300 - 3400 euros gross per month (depending on actual qualifications and experience) and eligibility for performance-based bonuses semi-annually.
- L&D opportunities in the company.
- Flexi-time: we operate with no fixed office hours, so you can work when you feel most productive.
- Multicultural working environment/remote work arrangements within the EU.
- Wellbeing mobile app "Mindletic".
- Additional employee Health insurance.*
*For office-based employees.
A successful candidate will have:
- Strong and provable interest in innovation policy (experience in policy analysis will be a strong advantage).
- Familiarity with EU institutions and EU-level decision-making.
- 2-3 years of working experience in policy analysis, performing quantitative tasks (either practical working experience or academic experience gained while implementing own or collaborative research projects).
- Experience in leading the projects/project teams would be an advantage.
- Experience in conducting surveys, interviews, and focus groups would be an advantage.
- Rigorous and creative analytical reasoning, ability to reach valid conclusions and present them eloquently and persuasively.
- Full English proficiency and excellent writing skills.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in economics, public policy or other social sciences.
BE READY TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF
You should be ready to participate in the following research and organisational activities:
- Implementing research to inform policy-making: collecting and analysing data, formulating data-informed conclusions and recommendations.
- Applying quantitative research methods (e.g. descriptive statistics, regression analysis) and visualising data.
- Presenting findings to clients, stakeholders, colleagues and the public at large. Writing research reports and proposals while managing tight and coinciding deadlines.
If you see yourself in this position, please apply by the 8th of December 2023.