We are looking for a responsible Researcher to professionally perform research tasks.
PPMI is a leading European research and policy analysis centre. We help public sector and civil society leaders from around the world, presenting evidence in a way that is simple, clear and ready to use. We provide actionable insights, develop shared understanding among stakeholders, and enable policy implementation to bring about positive and lasting change.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in social sciences or humanities.
- At least one year of working experience in policy analysis and gender research (either practical working experience or academic experience gained while implementing own or collaborative research projects).
- Strong understanding of and real interest in policies in the EU and EU Member States in the areas of gender equality, equal opportunities, non-discrimination, and social affairs.
- Rigorous and creative analytical reasoning, ability to reach valid conclusions and present them eloquently and persuasively.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying standard research methods (literature review, interviews, surveys, gender analysis, etc.).
- Communication and presentation skills with emphasis on proposal and report writing.
- Full English proficiency and excellent writing skills.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Quantitative skills and experience in working with gender statistics and micro and macro datasets (e.g. EU SILC, EU LFS, OECD data).
- Experience in gender monitoring and evaluation assignments.
- Good command of other EU languages.
BE READY TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF
You should be ready to participate in the following research and organisational activities:
- Providing research-based advice, especially on gender, equality, and social affairs, and conducting EU-wide or global consultation activities.
- Implementing policy-relevant research: collecting and analysing data, formulating data-informed conclusions and recommendations.
- Applying qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Presenting findings to clients, colleagues and the public at large.
- Writing research proposals and reports, while managing tight and coinciding deadlines.
- Working with and being supported by PPMI’s team experienced in various public policy areas, while staying proactive and autonomous.
GROW WITH US
You should expect a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where the ability to work in teams and individually go hand-in-hand. In return, we offer:
- Rewards for your performance: at PPMI, we offer a competitive salary (1800-2400 EUR gross) and eligibility for performance-based bonuses semi-annually.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from world-renowned experts and established researchers.
- Training and coaching on research methods, analytical and managerial competencies.
- Flexi-time: we operate with no fixed office hours, so you can work when you feel most productive.
- Multicultural working environment/remote work arrangements.
If you see yourself in this position, apply by September 30, 2022.