We are looking for a public policy Researcher passionate about all things digital.
PPMI is a leading European research and policy analysis centre. We help public sector and civil society leaders from around the world, presenting evidence in a way that is simple, clear and ready to use. We provide actionable insights, develop shared understanding among stakeholders, and enable policy implementation to bring about positive and lasting change.
A successful candidate will have:
- Strong interest in public and private sector digitalisation in the EU, including related policies and regulation (e.g. e-commerce platforms, social media use, the adoption of Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Big Data, GovTech, blockchain and other technologies, etc.).
- Familiarity with EU institutions and decision-making process.
- At least one year of working experience in policy analysis (either practical working experience or academic experience gained while implementing your own research projects).
- Rigorous and creative analytical reasoning, ability to reach valid conclusions and present them eloquently and persuasively.
- Strong understanding of qualitative research methods (experience conducting literature reviews, interviews, focus groups or similar and analysing qualitative data will be an advantage).
- Strong understanding of quantitative research methods in social sciences (experience analysing data with Stata, SPSS, R or similar will be an advantage).
- Full English proficiency and excellent writing skills.
- Curiosity, attention to detail and drive for continuous learning.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in political science, economics or other social sciences.
BE READY TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF
You should be ready to participate in the following research and organisational activities:
- Providing research-based advice across different policy areas and conducting EU-wide or global consultation activities.
- Implementing policy-relevant research: collecting and analysing data, formulating data-informed conclusions and recommendations.
- Applying quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Presenting findings to clients, colleagues and the public at large.
- Writing research reports.
- Working with and being supported by PPMI team experienced in various public policy areas.
GROW WITH US
You should expect a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where the ability to work in teams and individually go hand-in-hand. In return, we offer:
- Rewards for your performance: at PPMI, we offer a competitive salary (1800-2400 EUR gross per month) and eligibility for performance-based bonuses semi-annually.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from world-renowned experts and established researchers.
- Training and coaching on research methods, analytical and managerial competencies.
- Flexi-time: we operate with no fixed office hours, so you can work when you feel most productive.
- Multinational working environment and remote work arrangements within the EU.
If you see yourself in this position, apply by September 30, 2022.