We are looking for a responsible Researcher to professionally perform research tasks.
PPMI is a leading European research and policy analysis centre. We help public sector and civil society leaders from around the world, presenting evidence in a way that is simple, clear and ready to use. We provide actionable insights, develop shared understanding among stakeholders, and enable policy implementation to bring about positive and lasting change.
Please find more information about the ongoing projects below:
- “Assessment of the Instruments, Deliverables, Results, and Impact of University Business Cooperation” seeks to inform the European Commission on how effective various university business cooperation activities have been throughout the years and identify ways through which university cooperation can enhance new policy priorities in the future.
- “Evaluation study on Excellent Science in the European Framework Programmes for Research and Innovation” will inform the European Commission on the effectiveness, efficiency, coherence, relevance and EU added value of Pillar 1 of the Horizon Europe Framework Programme. The researcher would contribute to evaluating the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions.
- “Pathways2Resilience”, a programme supporting the EU mission on adaptation to climate change and which will seek to help regions develop innovative pathways to increase climate resilience and develop transformative solutions to foster their climate adaptation.
A successful candidate will have:
- Strong and provable interest in science, technology and innovation policy (experience in policy analysis in one of these areas will be a strong advantage).
- 1-2 years of work experience in the public policy research field.
- Familiarity with EU institutions and EU-level decision-making.
- Rigorous and creative analytical reasoning, ability to reach valid conclusions and present them eloquently and persuasively.
- Full English proficiency and excellent writing skills.
- BA or MA degree in political science, economics or other social sciences.
- Strong understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research methods in social sciences (experience in applying them will be a strong advantage). Solid numerical reasoning is a must, even for those specialising in qualitative research methods.
BE READY TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF
You should be ready to participate in the following research and organisational activities:
- Implementing research to inform policy-making: collecting and analysing data, formulating data-informed conclusions and recommendations.
- Applying quantitative and qualitative research methods (e.g. conducting literature reviews, interviews, surveys, focus groups, statistical analysis).
- Presenting findings to clients, stakeholders, colleagues and the public at large. Writing research reports and proposals while managing tight and coinciding deadlines. Being ready to travel to meet clients and partners.
- Contributing to PPMI work in the areas other than science, technology and innovation policy.
GROW WITH US
You should expect a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where the ability to work in teams and individually go hand-in-hand. In return, we offer:
- A salary of 1740 - 2700 euros gross per month (depending on actual qualifications and experience) and eligibility for performance-based bonuses semi-annually (up to 16% of salary).
- L&D opportunities in the company.
- Flexi-time: we operate with no fixed office hours, so you can work when you feel most productive.
- Multicultural working environment/remote work arrangements within the EU.
- Wellbeing mobile app "Mindletic".
- Additional employee Health insurance. *
*For office-based employees.
If you see yourself in this position, please apply by the 2nd of October, 2023.