PPMI concludes the Second Independent External Evaluation of the European Institute for Gender Equality
PPMI has recently concluded the second independent external evaluation of the European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE).
The evaluation assessed EIGE's work between 2015 and 2020. Specifically, the evaluation examined the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, coherence and EU-added value of EIGE's programmes and activities, its efforts to promote gender equality and the synergy effects with its stakeholders.
Based on the findings, the evaluation team also provided recommendations to facilitate the effective functioning of EIGE in the future and to ensure that the Institute’s mission to be the centre of knowledge and research on gender equality in the EU is fulfilled.
To conduct the evaluation, our team carried out:
- Extensive desk research, including literature review, analysis of statistics and monitoring data
- More than 100 interviews with EIGE staff and stakeholders at the national, EU and international levels
- Three surveys with EIGE’s staff, the members of the management board and experts’ forum, and stakeholders
- A public consultation open to all citizens
- Usability tests of EIGE’s gender mainstreaming platform.
PPMI also prepared five in-depth case studies to examine the impacts of key activities of the Institute during the evaluation period, namely the Gender Equality Index, the Gender Mainstreaming Toolkits, the Expert Forum, EIGE’s work on Administrative data collection on violence against women and the Gender Statistics Database.
The evaluation report will be available on EIGE’s website in the upcoming months. Stay tuned!