PPMI is a leading European research and policy analysis centre. We help public sector and civil society leaders from around the world, presenting evidence in a way that is simple, clear and ready to use. We provide actionable insights, develop shared understanding among stakeholders, and enable policy implementation to bring about positive and lasting change.
A successful candidate will have:
- Experience and provable interest in organisation and management of international events.
- Full English proficiency, excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Higher education degree.
- Interest and good understanding of politics and policy, as well as understanding of the required protocol rules.
- Excellent ability to understand and communicate with people from any cultural background and organise the event accordingly.
- Familiarity with EU institutions and EU-level decision-making will be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel for the events in other countries (may be quite frequent).
BE READY TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF
You should be ready to participate in the following activities:
- Ensuring seamless implementation of meetings in any European (mostly) or non-European country from the very beginning of the meeting (idea about the meeting emerges) to the very end of the meeting (communication after the meeting with participants and external audiences).
- Continuous liaising in excellent written and spoken English with meeting participants and external audiences. The most common participants will involve: experts, consultants, academics, European Commission officials, representatives of the EU Member States and other countries, representatives of various other stakeholders (international and national NGOs and IGOs, businesses, various associations). Events to be organised can often involve high-level officials, policymakers and politicians (at the level of ministers and vice-ministers, deputy directors general and directors general, for example).
- Organising meetings of all types in terms of location: physical, online, and hybrid meetings.
- Finding and securing venues, catering for the meeting (in any EU or non-EU country), booking tickets and accommodation for participants.
- Preparing information about the event to be communicated online (e.g., in various websites).
- Advising the team on innovative / interactive tools to be used during the event, which would contribute to achieving the objectives of the event and high satisfaction of participants. These may include both physical solutions (e.g., the way the meeting venue is arranged, the way the participants are greeted, etc.), technological and software solutions (using interactive tools to facilitate discussions like mentimeter, slido, etc.). Ensuring availability and effective / seamless use of any technologies needed for the meeting of any type: screens, cameras, sound equipment, servers, software. Using both in-house technologies and hiring external subcontractors.
- Ensuring seamless event user experience for participants, e.g., by developing factsheets before the event, which include the agenda and any practical matters that participants should know (how to get to the venue of the event, to the hotel, how to reach the organiser, useful phone number in case of emergency, etc.).
- Very strong attention to details, foreseeing risks that may materialise and harm seamless continuity of the event, and eradicating these risks before they materialise.
- Support with developing the agenda. However, the content part of the agenda will often be developed by lead experts / consultants.
GROW WITH US
You should expect a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where the ability to work in teams and individually go hand-in-hand. We offer:
- Possibility to contribute to international events with substantial impact on society and economy.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from world-renowned experts, researchers, policy-makers and politicians.
- Training and coaching on events organisation, managerial and analytical competencies.
- Competitive salary (2000-2600 EUR gross) and eligibility for performance-based bonuses semi-annually.
- Flexi-time: we operate with no fixed office hours, so you can work when you feel most productive.
- Multicultural working environment and ergonomic office space in the city centre.
If you see yourself in this position, apply by 17th of February 2023.