Zalán Tamás Jakab joined PPMI in August 2021 as a researcher. He completed his graduate degree in Political Science at Central European University in Budapest, Hungary. During his studies, his main focus was on ethnic minority politics in Central and Eastern Europe. He has participated in various research projects internationally, collecting experience in both qualitative (focus groups, in-depth interviews, discourse analysis, desk research) and quantitative (data analysis in SPSS and R, text mining) analysis. Before joining the team, he was a researcher at a Romanian think-thank, where he was also responsible for drafting research reports and presenting findings at conferences. Currently, he aims to perfect his research skills and gain more experience in the field of public policy analysis. Zalán speaks Hungarian, English and Romanian.
Key areas of expertise
- Methods: desk research, interviewing, focus groups, case studies, statistical analysis, text mining
- BA in European Studies and International Relations (Babeș-Bolyai University), 2017
- BA in Philosophy (Babeș-Bolyai University), 2017
- MA in Political Science, Central European University (two-year programme), 2019
- Smart, effective and inclusive investment in education infrastructure (DG EAC, 2021 – ongoing)