Mantas has more than 9 years of experience in conducting studies and evaluations at national and EU levels, primarily in fields of higher education and research and innovation. He has in-depth knowledge and first-hand experience in development and finetuning of simplified funding mechanisms used in EU-wide mobility, transnational cooperation and training schemes/interventions (e.g. in Erasmus+ grant management). He is also highly experienced in assessing and providing technical support to the EU agencies (EACEA, INEA, Cedefop and some others).
As a research manager, Mantas is responsible for proposal writing and supervision of project implementation activities, day-to-day management and quality assurance of the work carried out by in-house and external experts, liaising with the clients and close cooperation with project directors and team leaders.
Key areas of expertise
- Policy areas: higher education, research and innovation, public management.
- Methods: quantitative and qualitative research methods, including desk-based research, interviews, surveys, statistical analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, qualitative data analysis, etc.
- Project management: experience in proposal and report writing, coordination of research activities, contract management and day-to-day communication with clients and partners.
- MA in Public Administration, Vilnius University, 2011
- BA in Political Science, Vilnius University, 2009
- Study support the evaluation of the Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA) 2014-2016 (European Commission, DG Mobility and Transport, 2018-ongoing).
- Study on impact Erasmus+ Higher Education Strategic Partnerships and Knowledge Alliances at local, national and European levels (European Commission, DG Education, Youth, Sport and Culture, 2018-ongoing)
- Study “Developing ‘Off the Shelf’ Simplified Cost Options (SCOs) under Article 14.1 of the European Social Fund (ESF) regulation” (European Commission, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, 2017-2018)
- Interim evaluation of Erasmus+ programme implementation in Lithuania (Education Exchange Support Foundation, 2017)
- Study on fostering industrial talents in research at European level (European Commission, DG Education, Youth, Sport and Culture, 2017-2018)
- Provision of stakeholder feedback services for Cedefop’s performance measurement system (European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training (Cedefop), 2017-ongoing)
- Mid-term review of simplified grants used in the Erasmus+ programme (European Commission, DG Education, Youth, Sport and Culture, 2016-2017)
- 3rd interim evaluation of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) (European Commission, DG Education and Culture, 2015-2016)
- Study “Research Careers in Europe” (European Commission, DG Education and Culture, 2014-2016)
- Evaluation of the Information Policy on the CAP (European Commission, DG Agriculture and Rural Development, 2014- 2015)
- Study on assessing the contribution of the Framework Programmes to the development of human research capacity (European Commission, DG Research and Innovation, 2014)
- The study on the European Innovation Partnership (EIP) model to be implemented in Lithuania after 2013 (Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Lithuania, 2013-2014)
- Evaluation of the performance of the Director of the European Training Foundation (ETF) and the ETF‘s duties and requirements in the coming years (European Commission, DG Education and Culture, 2013)
- Strategic evaluation of education and research policy priorities in the new perspective for EU 2014-2020 Structural Funds programming (Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania, 2012-2013)
- FP7 Marie Curie Actions Interim Evaluation (European Commission, DG Education and Culture, 2011-2013)Interim evaluation of Erasmus Mundus II (2009-2013) (European Commission, DG Education and Culture, 2011-2012)
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of Lithuanian science and industry R&D cooperation policy mix (Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Lithuania, 2011)
- Services to evaluate the quality, efficiency and continuity of studies and reports financed from the EU structural funds in the 2007-2013 programming period (Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania, 2011)
- Interim evaluation of the Life-long Learning Programme 2007-2009 (European Commission, DG Education and Culture, 2009-2010)
- The evaluation of the impact of the EU instruments affecting children's rights with a view to assessing the level of protection and promotion of children's rights in the EU (European Commission, DG Justice, 2009-2011)
- Evaluation of strategic and program documents of Lithuanian regional policy (Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Lithuania, 2008)
- Budraitis, M. and V. Nakrošis, „Mapping of the Agencies Under the Lithuanian Ministries: How Do the Mapping Data Explain Organisational Birth, Maintenance and Death". In Nakrošis, V. and Ž. Martinaitis (eds.) Lithuanian Agencies and Other Public Sector Organisations: Organisation, Autonomy, Control and Performance. Vilnius: Vilnius University, 2011, pp. 84-109.
- Nakrošis, V. and M. Budraitis, „Longitudinal Change in Lithuanian Agencies". International Journal of Public Administration, Volume 35, Number 12, 1 October 2012 , pp. 820-831.