Guoda joined PPMI as a researcher in January 2018. She has an international educational background in economics, international relations and public policy. At PPMI Guoda increasingly focuses on research projects on the platform economy (platform work), and the role and impact of emerging technologies on the public sector and wider economy.
Prior to joining PPMI Guoda worked at the Joseph Rowntree Foundation (UK) where she used a structural dynamic microsimulation model to analyse distributional implications of policy alternatives and identify the most cost-effective poverty reducing tax and benefit policy measures over different time horizons. She has also worked on a consultancy basis doing quantitative data analysis of UK household surveys and economic tax-benefit modelling.
Besides her native Lithuanian, Guoda is fluent in English, has intermediate knowledge of Russian and basic knowledge of French.
Key areas of expertise:
- Policy areas: employment and social policy, platform economy, poverty, equality and social inclusion
- Methods: statistical analysis using STATA, cost benefit analysis, economic modelling, surveys, case studies, interviews, qualitative analysis (NVivo)
- MSc in Public Policy and Human Development, Maastricht University-United Nations University (the Netherlands), 2013-2014
- BA in Economics and International Relations, Lancaster University (UK), 2010-2013
- Study on Support to the Observatory for the Online Platform Economy (European Commission, JRC, 2019-2020)
- Country factsheets for the EU Member States for the Gender Equality Index 2019 (European Institute for Gender Equality, 2019)
- Exploring Digital Government Transformation in the EU: understanding public sector innovation in a data-driven society (European Commission, JRC, 2018-2020)
- Online Panel Survey on dynamic work patterns in digital labour platforms (European Commission, JRC, 2018)
- Investment approach to interventions in social areas: adoption of cost benefit analysis (Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania, 2018)
- Dynamics and impacts of Social Policy Innovation on the resilience of local ecosystems (European Commission, JRC, 2017-2018)
- Support study for a pilot project for the development of digital skills through internships (European Commission, DG CONNECT, 2017-2018)
- Brozaitis, H., Makareviciene, A., Lipnickiene, K., Janeckova, H., Cibaite, G. (2018). ‘Fighting child poverty: the role of EU funding’. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union. Available here.