A researcher at PPMI since September 2019, Cosmin has a PhD in Education and more than five years of experience in the field of educational research. Cosmin has an international and interdisciplinary trajectory, having studied in Romania, Portugal and the UK. He also lived in Belgium, where he completed a Blue Book traineeship at the European Commission, in DG EAC. Besides his research experience, Cosmin has also been a lecturer at the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, at the University of Porto, where he designed and taught a course on diversity in education.
Key areas of expertise
- Research areas: migration and education, diversity and inclusion in education, early school leaving, educational policies, higher education, multicultural learning.
- Research methods: in-depth interviews, the biographical method, narrative analysis.
- PhD in Educational Sciences (European degree), University of Porto, 2017
- Master’s in Educational Sciences, University of Porto, 2012
- Bachelor’s in Communication Sciences, University of Bucharest, 2010
- Bachelor’s in International Relations and European Studies, University of Spiru Haret (Bucharest), 2009
Network of experts on social aspects of education and training – NESET (European Commission, DG Education and Culture, 2019-2022)
Nada, C. I., and Araújo, H. C. ‘When you welcome students without borders, you need a mentality without borders’. Internationalisation of Higher Education: evidence from Portugal. Studies in Higher Education. 44(9), 2019, pp. 1591-1604.
Montgomery, C., & Nada, C. I. International Students in the United Kingdom and the European Union: Fluid Contexts and Identities in a Changing Europe. In CindyAnn Rose-Redwood & Reuben Rose-Redwood (Eds.), International Encounters: Higher Education and the International Student Experience, 2019, pp. 67-82. Rowman & Littlefield.
Nada, C. I., Santos, S. A., Macedo, E., & Araújo, H. C. (2018). Can mainstream and alternative education learn from each other? An analysis of measures against school dropout and early school leaving in Portugal. Educational Review. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1080/00131911.2018.1508127
Nada, C. I., Montgomery, C., & Araújo, H. C. ‘You went to Europe and returned different’ – Transformative learning experiences of international students in Portugal. European Educational Research Journal. 17(5), 2018, pp. 696-713.